Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Week Four

This week I have been using google reader. I find it quite useful as it means that i do not have to go to multiple sites, that i usually do go to, for updates. I can get news and blog updates from sites and blogs i follow right in the one place, which saves a lot of time. I can definitely see me using this application a lot in my personal life and can see it would be useful to keep up to date with professional and work related news. I think libraries could utilise RSS feeds to keep customers informed of new books and events in the library and any other news that effects them. Anyone who is interested in the library can subscribe to this feed and get updates.

I have also joined twitter:
http://twitter.com/aliceinlibrary
I don't really like twitter, I would not post on twitter personally, but i can see how it is useful to keep up with information from others. I can see how it can be utilised by companies and services to keep their customers informed of news and promos. The library could utilise twitter much in the same way as an RSS feed and reach a wider audience as twitter is quite popular.
On a side note I did find a twitter related site that I found quite entertaining:
http://overheard.it/tweets/

1 comment:

  1. Great blog, keep up the good work! I know what you mean about twitter. It's like another world but it grows on you...and there's a real knack in writing messages in 140 characters.

    Can't see a link to you Google Reader Account. You may like to copy and paste from the reader into your blog :)

    ReplyDelete